Join us at the Orange Innovation Center for the next meeting of the Greater Quabbin Food Alliance on Tuesday, December 8th to meet and network with food and farm stakeholders and collaborate on projects to strengthen the food system of the greater Quabbin region!
Date: December 8, 2015
Time: 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Location: Orange Innovation Center, 131 West Main Street, Orange, MA (view map)
The meeting is free and open to everyone. Local lunch and refreshments will be provided. Plus, Honest Weight Artisan Beer will be offering a FREE brewery tour immediately after the meeting!
Join us to discuss challenges, brainstorm solutions, enjoy some local treats, and take action to rebuild your local food system! Click here to register.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
Agenda for the December 8th Meeting:
8:30 – Coffee and snacks from the Freighthouse
9:00 – Welcome
9:05 – Lightning talks begin
- Heather Bialecki-Canning, North Quabbin Community Center
- Plus Ten Farm-to-Institution Challenge (speaker TBA)
- Hannah Traggis, Quabbin Composting and Organic Gardening Program
- Eric Stocker, Squash Trucking
- Brian Monteverd, Worcester Regional Environmental Council
- Tyson Neukirch, The Farm School
- Rick LeBlanc, MA Department of Agriculture
- Cathy Stanton, Farm Values project
9:45 – Networking activity
10:00 – Preliminary results from Food System Assessment by Mount Grace
10:10 – Introduce working groups
10:15 – Break into working groups
- Land access and conservation
- Farm to institution
- Food waste recovery
- Food access and health
- Marketing and entrepreneurship (formerly Innovation and economic development)