Join us at the Orange Innovation Center for the next meeting of the Greater Quabbin Food Alliance on Tuesday, December 6th. This biannual gathering connects landowners, businesses and local organizations together to strengthen communities. Many successful projects have been born out of these gatherings, and we are excited to continue to support and develop new initiatives over the coming years!
Date: December 6, 2016
Time: 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Location: Orange Innovation Center, 131 West Main Street, Orange, MA (view map)
The meeting is free and open to everyone. Refreshments and a local lunch from the Petersham Country Store will be provided. There will also be an optional opportunity to do downstairs to Honest Weight Brewery to purchase and enjoy a beer.
Questions? Call or email Maggie Hensel at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-248-2055 ext 29
See Full Agenda Below
8:30 AM: Free Coffee & Pastries & Informal Networking
9:00 AM: Welcome & Introduction to Greater Quabbin Food Alliance
9:05 – 10:00 AM: Lightning Talks
- Joanna Benoit, Western MA Food Processing Center
- Jim Kilroy, Owner/Operator of Barn Owl Restaurant
- Jessica McMillin, Franklin Regional Council of Governments
- Coryanne Mansell, Center for EcoTechnology
- Sarah Kanabay, Franklin Community Co-op
- Andrea Freeman, Massachusetts Public Health Association
- Rachel Gonzalez, Rachel’s Everlastings
- Amy Borezo, Quabbin Harvest
10:00 – 10:10 AM: Introduce working groups
10:10 – 11:30 AM: Working group discussions
11:30 AM: Working groups report back
12:00 – 2:00 PM: Enjoy a complimentary local lunch from the Petersham Country Store and then head downstairs to purchase a beer from Honest Weight Brewery.
2:00 – 4:00 PM: Special waste diversion workshop for event planners