Many of our residents lack the resources to access fresh and healthy food. We are working to increase local food production and make healthy food affordable and accessible to all.
- Harness energy/resources from students and non-food organizations (YMCA, religious groups, health care) to address need for increased education/outreach about nutrition and existing assistance programs.
- Connect food surpluses (farms, supermarkets, institutions) with food pantries
- Help make the Quabbin Harvest co-op successful
- Identify sites for small-scale food processing and storage
- Increase support for local farms to sell food locally