Many of our residents lack the resources to access fresh and healthy food. This group, made up of health professionals, food banks and active community members, have been working to build connections and combine efforts to increase local food production and make healthy food affordable and accessible to all.
- Advocate for permanent funding for the Massachusetts Healthy Incentives Program (HIP)
- For more information on HIP advocacy, please visit the MA Food System Collaborative HIP project page
- Research the possibility of a mobile market in the Quabbin Region
- Connect food surpluses (farms, supermarkets, institutions) with food pantries
- Help make the Quabbin Harvest co-op successful
- Identify sites for small-scale food processing and storage
- Increase support for local farms to sell food locally